The Bihar state elections resulted in a clinching victory for Grand Alliance (Mahagathbandhan) and the return of Nitish Kumar as Bihar’s chief minister. At CPR, Neelanjan Sircar, Bhanu Joshi and Ashish Ranjan captured the election cycle through in-depth analyses based on extensive field work and data.
Their commentaries have been published as op-eds in a series in The Hindu and as working papers/data analyses on CPR’s website. Find below a complete chronological compilation to date:
Series on Bihar elections in The Hindu:
- Bihar polls: the shifting goalposts
- It’s not about caste or beef, but vikas
- How will Bihar shake out?
- How Modi surrendered Bihar
- After Bihar, politics seeks a new normal
Working papers and analyses:
- The Battle for Bihar: Understanding the Upcoming 2015 Election
- “What do Bihar’s Voters Want?”
- “How Will Bihar Shake Out?”