A seminar and discussion will be held around a new research report by CPR in collaboration with IIASA: 'Informing India’s Energy and Climate Debate: Policy Lessons from Modelling Studies.' Dr. Ajay Mathur, Director General, Bureau of Energy Efficiency and Member, Prime Minister's Council on Climate Change will lead the discussion.
The study reports on the results of a comparative review of seven recent Indian modelling studies that project Indian energy demand and supply, and carbon dioxide emissions until 2030. This is critical information both for India’s future energy planning and for India’s INDC.
For example, the report summarizes:
- The range of projections on future coal use;
- Projected growth rates of renewable energy and fossil fuel free energy;
- Available evidence on broader development objectives of energy security, income distribution, and local environmental outcomes;
- Carbon dioxide emissions (total, per capita and carbon intensity);
- Lessons learnt for enhancing the policy discussion using modelling studies.