The Centre for Policy Research invites you to a webinar on: Long-term RE Transition for State-owned Utilities/GENCOs
- Rishu Garg – Research Scientist, Center for Study of Science, Technology and Policy (CSTEP)
- Pankaj Batra – Project Director, SARI/EI, Integrated Research and Action for Development (IRADE), and Ex-Chairperson, Central Electricity Authority
- Srihari Dukkipati – Fellow, Prayas (Energy Group)
- Aarti Khosla – Director, Climate Trends
- Sumanth Shankar Rao – Former MD-MESCOM and Former Director (Transmission), KPTCL
- Ashwini K. Swain, Fellow, Centre for Policy Research
This event will be held online. Click here to register via Zoom.
[If there is an issue, please email us at email@example.com]
This webinar is the fifth in the India Energy Transition Dialogues – a series convened by the Centre for Policy Research to explore different paths to meet India’s 21st century energy goals. Each webinar in this bi-weekly series will discuss different pathways proposed by think tanks and research groups working on specific pieces of India’s energy transition puzzle. These discussions – by drawing on practical experiences and exploring the costs and opportunities associated with these approaches – seek to facilitate constructive engagement with government policies and interventions at the national and state levels.
In this session, we will discuss the priorities, challenges and opportunities for the state-owned electricity generation companies (gencos) to optimise their assets and operations in a renewable-energy (RE) dominant system. The discussion will start with a context-setting presentation by colleagues from the Centre for Study of Science, Technology and Policy (CSTEP), drawing on their work and engagement in Karnataka. Karnataka has been at the forefront of RE capacity addition among Indian states. CSTEP has developed a roadmap for the state-run genco to contribute to a RE-dominant power sector in Karnataka, and identify revenue opportunities for its sub-optimal and ageing power plants. Drawing on the roadmap, this webinar aims to discuss priorities, challenges and opportunities for other state-run gencos.
To check the schedule and register for other webinars in the series, visit: https://environmentality.cprindia.org/blog/india-energy-transition-dialogues