Budget Brief 2019-20: Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana - Gramin (PMAY - G)
Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana - Gramin (PMAY - G) is Government of India’s (GoI’s) flagship ‘Housing for All’ scheme. The scheme was launched in November 2016 and aims to provide monetary assistance for the construction of a pucca house with basic amenities to all rural houseless households and those living in dilapidated and kutcha houses.
Using government data, this brief reports on trends in PMAY-G along the following parameters:
- Allocations and cost estimates
- Releases and expenditures
- Beneficiary selection and target setting
- Target completion and physical progress of house construction
- Payments to Beneficiaries