The Centre for Policy Research (CPR) invites you to a webinar on: 15th Finance Commission and the Future of Centre-State Fiscal Relations
A dialogue with N.K. Singh [Chairperson, Fifteenth Finance Commission (FFC)] and a distinguished panel of State representatives and leading experts on the FFC Report.
- Conrad Sangma, Hon'ble Chief Minister, Meghalaya
- Sushil Kumar Modi, Hon'ble Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha
- B Rajendranath Reddy, Hon'ble Finance Minister, Government of Andhra Pradesh
- Dr Rathin Roy, Senior Visiting Fellow, CPR and Managing Director, Overseas Development Institute
- Neelkanth Mishra, Co-head, Asia Pacific Strategy and India Equity Strategist, Credit Suisse
- Yamini Aiyar, President and Chief Executive, CPR
In case of any issues and for any queries, please email at email@example.com.
About the Session
The 15th Finance Commission (Chair: N.K. Singh) tabled its report in Parliament on the 1st of February 2021 against the backdrop of widespread uncertainty in India's economy caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and a new set of challenges in centre-state fiscal relations. This panel discussion seeks to understand the implications of the report on the dynamics of centre-state relations and the pathway to fiscal consolidation against the backdrop of COVID-19. It will bring voices from State governments as well as leading experts in conversation with N.K. Singh, Chairperson of the Fifteenth Finance Commission.
Panellists include: Conrad Sangma (Hon'ble Chief Minister, Meghalaya), Sushil Kumar Modi (Hon'ble Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha), B. Rajendranath Reddy (Hon'ble Finance Minister, Government of Andhra Pradesh), who will engage with N.K. Singh in a dialogue on the implications of the report and the future of fiscal federalism in India. We will also be joined by Dr Rathin Roy (Centre for Policy Research and Overseas Development Institute), and Neelkanth Mishra (Credit Suisse). The discussion will be moderated by Yamini Aiyar (President and Chief Executive, CPR)