The second edition of CPR Dialogues was held on 2nd and 3rd March 2020 at the India Habitat Centre. Addressing the theme of Policy Perspectives for 21st-century India, CPR Dialogues 2020 provided a window to the India of the future. Experts from around the country and the world engaged with and debated these very significant development and policy challenges that India faces in the coming decade.
The inaugural address for the Dialogues was delivered by Hon'ble Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India, on the theme, ‘At the Threshold of a New Decade’.
The text of the full speech can be read here.
ThePrint India was the digital partner for the event.
Media coverage of the address can be found below:
- US-Taliban deal was like watching ‘Pakeezah’ after a long wait, says Jaishankar by ThePrint
- India monitoring impact of U.S.-Taliban deal: MEA by The Hindu
- US-Taliban deal no surprise, it's like watching 'Pakeezah' after trailers: S Jaishankar by New Indian Express
- Economic rebalancing started to translate in its political manifestation: EAM Jaishankar by Economic Times
- Jaishankar on US-Taliban Agreement: Real Negotiations in Afghanistan Start Now by The Wire
- Hope Afghan gains of the last two decades are preserved: Jaishankar by Live Mint
- Jaishankar says India needs to fashion appropriate diplomacy to tackle issues of a digitised world by ANI
- India’s single-minded campaign brought issue of terrorism strongly at G20: S Jaishankar by ANI
- Need to safeguard progress made in Afghanistan: India by Hindustan Times
- "Not A Surprise": Foreign Minister On US-Taliban Landmark Peace Deal by NDTV
- India's single-minded campaign against terrorism has brought issue into sharp focus in key world forums, says S Jaishankar by News On Air
- 'Our World Today Is In The Middle Of A Real Transformation': S Jaishankar At CPR 2020 by Republic
- COVID-19 | Virus response a test of integrated governance, says Jaishankar by The Hindu
- Pakeezah parallel in US-Taliban deal, real negotiations to begin now: Delhi by Telegraph
- India ready for bigger role: S Jaishankar by Times of India
- Taliban resumes operations against Afghan security forces by The Week
Videos of other panel discussions organised as part of CPR Dialogues 2020 can be found below:
- CPR Dialogues 2020- At the Threshold of a New Decade: Navigating the Emerging Geopolitical Landscape
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Rights in Times of AI: Emerging Technologies and the Public Law Framework
- CPR Dialogues 2020- What Would Happen if We Were to Believe in Indian Agriculture?
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Creating an Inclusive Economy in a Digital World
- CPR Dialogues 2020- What Would it Take to Build a 21st-century State for India? Launch of CPR’s State Capacity Initiative
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Technology and Administrative Reform: Experience from India and the World
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Tracking Government Spending: Challenges in Social Policy Financing
- CPR Dialogues 2020- The Air Pollution Crisis: Making Political Salience Count
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Article 21 and India's Social and Economic Rights
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Challenges in Public Education: Balancing State and Non-State Actors
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Emerging Trends in Indian Politics
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Are India’s Financial Institutions in Crisis? Understanding India’s Economic Slowdown
- CPR Dialogues 2020- The Role of Ideas in Shaping Policy
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Indo-US Relations
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Land and the Constitution: Solving Land Conflict in India
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Political Elites and Local Bureaucratic Capacity