Watch the full video (above) of the panel discussion on ‘Creating an Inclusive Economy in a Digital World’ featuring Himanshu Wardhan (Managing Director, Etsy India); Rituparna Chakraborty (Co-founder & Executive Vice President, TeamLease Services); Berges Y Malu (Director, Public Policy & Policy Communications, ShareChat) and moderated by Sabina Dewan (Senior Visiting Fellow, CPR; President & Executive Director, JustJobs Network).
As the 21st-century progresses, India, along with the rest of the world, is witnessing the unfolding of rapid and significant technological change. This Fourth Industrial Revolution, as it is often called, is restructuring our labour markets. Against this backdrop, this panel explored how technology is changing the nature of work, and especially its implications for the workforce participation of women, who constitute half of the working-age population. It is essential to understand how the demand for workers will change and how the productive potential of women can be harnessed if technology has to be leveraged in service of development and growth.
The panel was organised as part of the second edition of CPR Dialogues, held on 2nd and 3rd March 2020 at the India Habitat Centre. Addressing the theme of Policy Perspectives for 21st-century India, CPR Dialogues 2020 provided a window to the India of the future. Experts from around the country and the world engaged with and debated these very significant development and policy challenges that India faces in the coming decade.
ThePrint India was the digital partner for the event.
An article on how India can create an inclusive economy, written by Sabina Dewan in ThePrint can be read here.
Videos of other panel discussions organised as part of CPR Dialogues 2020 can be found below:
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Inaugural Address by Hon'ble Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- CPR Dialogues 2020- At the Threshold of a New Decade: Navigating the Emerging Geopolitical Landscape
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Rights in Times of AI: Emerging Technologies and the Public Law Framework
- CPR Dialogues 2020- What Would Happen if We Were to Believe in Indian Agriculture?
- CPR Dialogues 2020- What Would it Take to Build a 21st-century State for India? Launch of CPR’s State Capacity Initiative
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Technology and Administrative Reform: Experience from India and the World
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Tracking Government Spending: Challenges in Social Policy Financing
- CPR Dialogues 2020- The Air Pollution Crisis: Making Political Salience Count
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Article 21 and India's Social and Economic Rights
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Challenges in Public Education: Balancing State and Non-State Actors
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Emerging Trends in Indian Politics
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Are India’s Financial Institutions in Crisis? Understanding India’s Economic Slowdown
- CPR Dialogues 2020- The Role of Ideas in Shaping Policy
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Indo-US Relations
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Land and the Constitution: Solving Land Conflict in India
- CPR Dialogues 2020- Political Elites and Local Bureaucratic Capacity