Ministry seeks public comments on new draft CRZ Notification
A new draft Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) Notification, 2018 has been put out for public comments by the Ministry. The last date for sending comments is 17 June 2018. The Ministry states that the draft is based on the CRZ review conducted by the Shailesh Nayak Committee in 2014. The recommendations and full report of the Shailesh Nayak Committee can be accessed here. The CPR-Namati Environmental Justice Program has prepared a detailed comparative analysis between the CRZ Notification 2011, recommendations of the Shailesh Nayak Committee and the Draft CRZ Notification, 2018 and its implications. This can be accessed here.
CPR-Namati Environmental Justice Program sent its comments to the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change on the Draft CRZ Notification, 2018, which can be accessed here.
Find below links to all ten blogs under CPR's blog series on CRZ:
- Coastal commons for private tourism and entertainment?
- Is it the end of participatory coastal planning?
- States ask Review Committee to loosen up the Coastal Regulation
- Crucial aspects of proposed Marine Coastal Regulatory Zone Notification revealed
- In conversation with Dr Shailesh Nayak – the man who led the review of coastal regulation
- The proposed Marine Coastal Regulation Zone (MCRZ) Notification
- A tale of two reviews: How two governments amended a coastal land use law
- The Supreme Court’s guiding principles for coastal regulation
- Coastal Regulation Zone Disputes before the National Green Tribunal
- CRZ drives a wedge between communities in Mumbai