Watch the full video (above) of the panel discussion between Dr Gulshan Rai, Ajay Prakash Sawhney and Tobby Simon, chaired by V Latha Reddy, as part of the ‘Metamorphoses-Talking Technology’ series.
Digital technologies are now an indispensable component of virtually all activities of a modern economy. They significantly increase economic efficiency but are also vulnerable to cyber attacks. Critical infrastructure, such as smart power guides, air traffic control and sensitive data stored in computer systems can be compromised or even disabled through a variety of cyber attacks. Cyber security, therefore, has become an urgent and compelling concern. This session assessed the nature and scale of the challenges to cyber security, the tools that are available to us to deal with these challenges and what the future trends might be in this domain. The panelists, who are all domain experts, evaluated the state of cyber security in India.
V Latha Reddy is the former Deputy National Security Advisor, Government of India.
Dr Gulshan Rai is the National Cyber Security Coordinator, Government of India.
Ajay Prakash Sawhney is Secretary (Electronics & Information Technology), Government of India.
Tobby Simon is the Founder President of Synergia Foundation.
The audience feedback of the session can be accessed here.
Metamorphoses is a modest effort to try and bridge the gap between digital technologies, which are transforming our lives, and our understanding of their multiple dimensions. The series is a joint initiative between NITI Aayog (the Government of India’s think tank), India International Centre (IIC) and Centre for Policy Research (CPR).
Access the other Metamorphoses sessions below:
- Metamorphoses: Keynote
- Metamorphoses: Second Panel Discussion on ‘Future of Governance’
- Metamorphoses: Special Interaction on ‘Leading Digital Transformation and Innovation’
- Metamorphoses: Third Panel Discussion on ‘Vocabulary of the Digital’
- Metamorphoses: Special Interaction on ‘Beyond Techno-Narcissism- Self and Other in the Internet Public Realm’
- Metamorphoses: Fourth Panel Discussion on ‘Technology, Social Divides and Diversity’
- Metamorphoses: Fifth Panel Discussion on ‘Unpacking Media – Digital & Traditional’
- Metamorphoses: Sixth Panel Discussion on ‘Automation, Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Jobs’
- Metamorphoses: Seventh Panel Discussion on ‘Solutions to Technology Pessimism’